The stunning 23- acre property is located in Girard Township in rural Clearfield County. On the site is the Girard/Goshen Elementary School, a 27,000 square foot facility constructed in 2003 and never fully utilized.
The school is serviced with public sewer and water. The Kylertown and Karthaus Senior Centers are a convenient distance from the site and are equipped to extend residents’ socialization and range of activities. Transportation is available through the Area Transportation Authority to assist residents in accessing the Senior Centers as well as nearby amenities and services.
Renovations of the elementary school will include major roof repairs at an estimated cost of $226,200. The commercial kitchen will be retained for community gatherings and possible culinary programs. The former gym, office, library and other non-classroom spaces will be reconfigured to accommodate a variety of community services and activities:
● an adult day care program and a senior community center
● a grocery or general store to be operated by a private entity to provide a rental income stream and possibly employment training for individuals with developmental disabilities;
● a memory café/restaurant
● spaces for a clinic/medical office, dental office, podiatrist, and/or beauty salon;
● a pharmacy
● an all-purpose room for theatre, art space, exercise, congregate meals;
● art studio and music rehearsal spaces
● a family room to accommodate overnight out-of-town visitors.